Our school's purpose is to provide a Christian education for children of the congregation and the community. Our goal is that each child will know and appreciate their creator God, the forgiveness through his son, Jesus Christ, and be inspired by the Holy Spirit to live a life of faith, service and stewardship. Through the motivation of the Gospel, each child will be equipped through academic, physical & spiritual training for the mission and ministry of the Christian church at large.
- We believe that the purpose for Christian Education is to teach the Christian Faith through instruction in God’s Word and learning to live a life of discipleship.
- We believe that God’s people need to learn their proper relationship to God and to their fellowman.
- We believe that effective education is carried on through quality learning programs that relate the Christian faith to every aspect of life.
- We believe that the Christian educator is committed to the task of providing a complete education for God’s people by meeting their Spiritual, Social, Emotional, Intellectual, and Physical needs.
We believe that the uniqueness of Christian education rests in this:
- Christian education views the student through the cross of Christ;
- Christian education is empowered by the Holy Spirit for accomplishing its purposes.
We believe that the Lutheran School’s uniqueness lies in:
- The impact of professional teachers who are Christians
- Adequate time for Christian instruction and training in many facets of the student’s life
- The fact that the Lutheran School devotes its full energy to meeting students’ educational needs in a single setting.
We believe that a Christian education must flow from a philosophy based on the recognition that God has given all of us a life to be lived fully in response to the Gospel.
Parent Testamonials-Why we send our children to St. John!
- "St. John has provided a solid academic and spiritual foundation for my children. This helped them excel with self confidence transitioning into high school and beyond."
"The christian atmosphere promotes the values and ethics that I expect of my children."
"The teachers care about my child and keep me informed of her progress"
"My family feels like we belong and my voice is always heard."
"My child is successful in all subjects."
"I've experienced many touching examples of how Christian love and concern are an integral part of learning at St. John."
"The St. John Preschool Program is awesome. The atmosphere is loving, nurturing, age appropriate and includes biblical perspective."
"Teachers don't give up on students. They provide one on one help, allowing students to work at their own pace, and make learning enjoyable."
"The school atmosphere is very child centered and promotes Christian values."
"The teachers care and treat my kids with kindness and dignity."